Strong enough for adults. Safe for kids.
Why is it called “Honest 10”?
We put Honest in the name because honesty and transparency is fundamental to our small company. The number 10, because our solution can be applied to all 10 fingers and is 10-Free.
How is Honest 10 tested?
Honest 10 formula is the only independently tested bitter nail polish. Honest 10 went through a full toxicity screen, was microbial tested, and meets the standards of the US Consumer Products Safety Commission.
Why is Honest 10 only for ages 3 and up?
Honest 10 is safe for young children, but recommended for ages 3 and up. Children under three years old often haven’t developed a distaste for the bitterness, so its effectiveness may be less.
What are the Nail Tools for?
It is so important to keep your nails and cuticles smooth, raggedy edges make you want to pick and chew. The nail file has texture specifically designed for soft nails, and includes a keychain so you always have it with you. The hangnail trimmer cleans up loose cuticles.
What does 10-Free actually mean?
In many nail polishes you’ll find some pretty toxic ingredients including DBP, toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and camphor. If you had a choice you’d certainly stay away from putting these ingredients on your skin and we explain why below. 10-Free avoids these ingredients along with xylene, parabens, fragrances, phthalates, and animal ingredients. Honest10 is 10-Free and focuses on creating an ethical and sustainable product with just the important ingredients but never compromising on performance.
- DPB – actually known as dibutyl phthalate is one of the many ingredients to contain phthalates. These are ingredients that should definitely be avoided. In both Europe and the United States, phthalates are listed as a suspected endocrine disruptor, as there is evidence that it interferes with normal hormone function. So it can affect fertility, and can cause developmental defects in unborn children. Not to stop there it can also cause health issues such as liver and kidney failure in young children. Avoid!
- Toluene – present in paints, varnishes, glues and many, many nail polishes it can cause irritation to our eyes, nose and throats. Not an ingredient you want to be around.
- Formaldehyde – often used as a germicide, fungicide, disinfectant and preservative research has suggested its properties are carcinogenic. We’d rather not chance it.
- Camphor – this acts as a plasticiser and in very small doses camphor can cause reactions such as a really fast heartbeat, skin vasodilation (flushed skin – we often get this with alcohol), slowed breathing, and increased perspiration. In large doses it is very toxic.
- Parabens – they are a preservative and suspected of having carcinogenic properties.
Are there side-effects?
There are no known side-effects or health risks. Some people who are highly sensitive to the strong flavor and may become nauseous, however this is temporarily and uncommon.
What are the ingredients?
Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Butyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrat, Triphenyl Phosphate, Vitamin E (Tocopherol Acetate)
How long does it take to stop nail biting?
Using Honest 10, most people stop nail biting immediately. To quit the habit for good you need to keep your fingers out of your mouth for a full month. For best results, use the included motivational program to stay consistent and track progress. The more years you’ve been biting the longer it takes to fully break the habit. Keeping the habit away is the real difficulty, so it is best to continue to apply Honest10 daily for one full month, and keep it handy in case of stressful times for another couple months.
How long does it take to stop thumb sucking?
Most kids immediately stop putting fingers into their mouth. To break the thumb or finger sucking habit for good, four weeks of continuous use is needed to change the behavior. For best results, use the included motivational program to stay consistent and track progress.